This posting is for up to 10 casual ongoing, part-time positions at various recreation, leisure and fitness centres throughout the City of Edmonton.
The Community Services Department is looking for energetic, responsible, qualified individuals to work as Aquatic Fitness Instructors at our sports and fitness facilities.
- Evaluate, design and lead multi-leveled fitness classes, delivering excellence in aquatic service and programming
- Classes include Shallow Water, Deep Water, Aquabox, Karataquatics, Water Works, Tethering and Boot Camp
For information on how to become certified, visit www.provincialfitnessunit.ca/get-aflca http://www.waterart.org/ www.calainc.org
To visualize what it is like to be on our team, visit The City of Edmonton Recreation & Sports Talent Hub
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Possession of a current leadership certification specializing in aquatics as recognized by AFLCA (Alberta Fitness Leadership Certification Association) or CALA (Canadian Aquafitness Leaders Alliance) or WaterART
- Willing to complete the applicable training programs
- Strong teaching and communication skills
- Ability to motivate others
- Experience leading a variety of aquatic classes is an asset
- Valid Standard First Aid and CPR Level C is a requirement of this position
- Hire is dependent upon a Police Information Check including Vulnerable Sector check satisfactory to the City of Edmonton
Hours of Work: 2- 30 hours per week. Hours of work may vary between daytimes, evenings and weekends.
Salary: $15.116 - $25.194 (Hourly)
Recruitment Consultant: JF/KG