Columbus Centre Athletic Club opened in 1980 and is a key
member of the Villa Charities family, delivering
recreational, educational, cultural, performing & visual
arts and social programming in a 180,000 square foot
facility; 70,000 of which is dedicated to Health and
Inside this impressive 10-acre complex, are fitness
facilities with programs to suit individual needs; from
aerobics, to yoga, aquafit classes, private swimming
lessons, squash, tennis, health club facilities and weight
training, and more. Columbus Centre Athletic Club is one of
the few facilities in Canada to offer such a wide range of
programs. We are located at 901 Lawrence Ave. West in
Toronto, open seven days a week and servicing more than
For more information on Villa Charities and the Columbus
Centre and its history see the organization website at
Columbus Centre of Toronto is currently hiring for the
AQUAFIT INSTRUCTORS – Contract (Part-time)
The Columbus Centre (CC) is seeking experienced Aquafit
Instructors to provide instructional classes in a safe and
positive environment that promotes member wellness and
engagement where participants can focus on cardio, muscle
strengthening, endurance and flexibility.
- Leads energizing, fun, safe and educational group
classes as per scheduled times.
- Provides adequate warm-up, exercise, stretching and
- Instructs patrons on effective workout methods;
explains proper techniques; demonstrates exercises;
identifies different muscle groups and teaches
appropriate methods to strengthen specific muscles.
- Builds effective relationships with members.
- Assists patrons, answers questions and maintains
positive exercise experience for members and class
- Prepares required equipment and music prior to start
of each class.
- Maintains accurate class attendance records.
- Informs management of pool activities, facility
needs and important issues.
- Ensures safety standards are met and facility
policies and procedures are followed.
- Performs other duties as required.
Sunday mornings at 9:15 – 10:00am as well as assist with
- Standard First Aid (SFA) Certification.
- CPR C and Aquafit Certification from recognizable
organization (i.e. WaterArt, CALA).
- Lifeguarding Certification – National Lifeguard
Service (NLS), an asset
- Experience working with adults and seniors programs.
- Must demonstrate ability to coordinate a water
- Knowledge of water aerobics teaching strategies,
choreography and music skills.
- Enthusiastic; energetic; reliable.
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism and motivate
- Minimum 1 year of experience teaching water fitness
This organization offers a competitive hourly rate,
including complimentary gym membership. Compensation for
this position will be commensurate with the successful
candidate’s education, experience and career achievements.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only
those that most closely match job specifications will be
- Aquafit Instructor: 1 year